The RichFaces team has made a major step toward RichFaces 4 by releasing Alpha 2 version. I’m hoping to see GA in September. Keep in mind that not all components have been migrated to version 4 yet. The components that are available right now are listed below.
Some highlights in RichFaces 4 Alpha 2:
- Redesigned and improved Component Development Kit
- Ajax core components set almost completely migrated.
- Ajax request smart Queuing mechanism implemented
- Rich Data Iteration components created
- Skinning including standard control skinning feature was migrated
More information on this release from Jay Balunas. To download, setup Maven project, and release notes click here.
If you want to get started very quickly, download this project template with RichFaces 4 already configured. If you are using Eclipse, you can import the project as shown below. You can also just unzip the template and import the project with whatever tool you are using. The template was tested with Tomcat 6.
- In Eclipse, select File/Import/General/Existing Project into Workspace…
- Click ‘Select archive file’
- Click Browse… and point to the downloaded zip file
- Click Finish
- Run start.xhtml page, it has a very basic Ajax application.
Components available right now:
Leave a Reply to guus Cancel reply