Workflows templates are out-of-the-box flows that you can add and start using. Each template provides a specific and real world solution.
In this blog post you will learn about the Trigger Automatic Notifications When All MFA Factors Are Reset template.
The template sends a notification to Slack when all MFA (Multi Factor Authentication) factors for a user are reset. Resetting all MFA factors can be triggered by a bad actor, human error or an IT administrator helping a customer. Timely notifications to enable internal teams to identify next steps is critical for improving security and reducing risk.
Template flow steps
The flow from this template has the following steps:
- The flow is triggered when all MFA factors are reset for a user (Okta – User MFA Factor Reset All) event occurs
- A message (Text – Compose) is created with information from the triggered event
- The Notes card is useful to document how the flow works
- Note: there are two more Notes cards in the template before the Compose card. I have removed them so that the flow fits into a single screenshot
- A message is sent to a Slack channel (Slack – Send Message to Channel) notifying that all MFA factors were reset for a particular user
How to add and setup the template:
- In Workflows console click Templates
- In the search field start typing trigger and then select Trigger notifications when all MFA factors are reset template
- Click Add template button
- Add a connection for Okta – User MFA Factor Reset All and Slack – Send Message to Channel cards.
🎁 Looking for more out-of-the-box automation solutions? Check out all the available templates.