I’m very passionate about the no-code space. Before joining IBM I co-founded Appery.io, a visual low-code platform for building mobile applications.
I truly believe in the promise of no-code:
- Make software development faster and easier
- Democratizing software development
Perhaps a more general version of these two points can be:
- Make building solutions with (no-code) software faster and easier
- Make it possible for everybody to build solutions
I encourage you to read the first link below: What is no-code? which covers these two points in more detail.
A lot of the content I published this year is using Parabola. Parabola is a no-code visual platform where you build a flow or automation by connecting small step together (as shown in the image above). It reminds of a Serverless where you build an application connecting small functions together. And with Parabola you do it in a similar fashion but in a visual way. In fact, many examples below take an application built with code and then rebuild the app with no-code using Parabola.
A list of all articles from 2020:
- What is no-code?
- No-code, Coronavirus, Call for Code 2020, innovation
- The value of no-code is clear: build faster and allow a lot more people to build
- Parabola, Watson NLU, News API and Twilio – tools I used to build a nocode application
- Tutorial: building a no-code application to text positive news with Parabola, News API, Watson NLU and Twilio
- Video: Building a no-code application to text positive news with Parabola, News API, Watson NLU and Twilio
- How to update Google Sheets with JSON API
- Building a no-code application that sends an email and a text message when a new user registers
- Building a no-code app to send daily Covid-19 data
- Video: Building a no-code application that sends an email and a text message when a new user registers
- Video: How to update Google Sheets with JSON API
- How I built a Twitter bot with no-code in 10 minutes
- Video: How to build a Twitter bot in 10 minutes
- Video: How to build a no-code application to scrape and email data from a web site
- Video: Build a no-code contact form that notifies you instantly when someone submits the form
- Video: How to build an app to send a custom reply to a Twilio text message
- Building a no-code app to send data from an HTML page to Google Sheets
- How to analyze news articles and get a sentiment score with Watson NLU without writing any code
If you want to chat about the no-code space, please reach out on Twitter or LinkedIn. I’m always happy to chat.
Leave a Reply