In this post:
- Test a card before using the streaming option
- Passing data to a helper flow
- Online meetup recording: Build Your First No-Code Workflow Automation in 25 Minutes
Test a card before using the streaming option
When you use a card with the streaming option, you need to choose a helper flow before you save a flow or test the card (or flow):
If you don’t yet have the helper flow but would like to test how the search works, switch to First 200 Matching Records option for Result Set (click on Options to set it).
Now you can test and check that search is working correctly:
Once you build the helper flow you can switch to the streaming option.
Passing data to a helper flow
When passing additional data to a helper flow (using State object), the variable name and its type in a calling flow:
needs to match the variable name and type in helper flow (Time Window, type: Number):
Online meetup recording: Build Your First No-Code Workflow Automation in 25 Minutes
In this recording you will learn step-by-step how to build your first no-code workflow automation and also:
- Building a flow with the basic building blocks (events, schedule, actions, functions, and connectors)
- Creating logic with if-then, loops and helper flows
- Testing and running flow
Two resources to help you learn more:
📘 Try this step-by-step getting started tutorial: Build Your First Automation With Okta Workflows: Notify When User Is Suspended.
📺 Short how-to Workflows videos to help you become a better automation builder.