In this post:
- Online Meetup: Learn How to Process Lists With Helper Flows in 25 Minutes
- New How-To Guide: How to Setup a Workflows Helper Flow
- Event hook filtering and Okta Workflows
Online Meetup: Learn How to Process Lists With Helper Flows in 25 Minutes
⭐️ Register for our monthly online meetup. You will learn how process a list using a helper flow in Okta Workflows in 25 minutes.
🗓 When and register
- When: Wednesday, August 31, 9 a.m. PT
- I want to attend: register now
📘 What you will learn
You will learn step-by-step how to build flows that use helper flows to process lists:
- How to use a List For-Each card to process a list
- How to use the streaming option to process a list
And, stick around to get your questions answered. This is a no slides session (well, maybe just one or two at the beginning)
New How-To Guide: How to Setup a Workflows Helper Flow
If you can’t wait for the online meetup (but you should still register), How to Setup a Workflows Helper Flow (With For-Each and Streaming Cards) How-To Guide will give you a preview of what we will be covering.
Event hook filtering and Okta Workflows
To handle Event Hook calls from Okta, you have two main options:
- Implement a web service with an Internet-accessible endpoint. It’s your responsibility to develop the code and to arrange its hosting on a system external to Okta. See this blog post for a Java example of how to code a web service endpoint: Password Import Hook with Java Endpoint.
- Use Okta Workflows. Using workflows to handle these events is super easy as Okta provides an Out of the Box connector that will automatically receive each type of event. Your workflow can then be used to process the event as desired. Now that Event Hook Filters are available (currently in beta at the time of writing this post), we now have an alternative way to handle Okta Events in Workflows in a more performant way.
Two resources to help you learn more:
🎥 Short how-to Workflows videos to help you become a better automation builder.
📘 Read our Workflows How-To Guides based on community member questions.