On to the question.
How to write output from the List Users card to a CSV file?
You run a search with Okta – List Users with Filter card (or using any other search/filter card) and would like to save the result into a CSV file. This how-to guide will show you how to do that.
The workflow has the following steps:
- Find users
- Save to a table
- Export the table to a CSV file
This is the main flow:
- Okta – List Users with Filter card finds the users to save to a CSV file
- List – For Each card goes over each user and saves the user to a table using a helper flow (see below). The entire User record is passed to the helper flow
- Tables – Export to CSV card saves data from a table into a CSV file. You specify the CSV file name and optionally can specify which columns to export. In this example,,, the columns Name and Email are exported.
The table has two (custom) columns: Name and Email:
This is the helper flow that saves each user found into a table:
The flow has these steps:
- Helper Flow card receives the User record
- Get Multiple card retrieves First Name, Last Name, and Email fields from a user
- Concatenate card creates a Full name from First Name and Last Name fields
- And the last, Table – Create Row card, saves each user information into a table
When the main flow is run, the table is populated with user data:
Looking at main flow history, the Tables – Export to CSV card returns a file that you can download:
Opening User_data.csv file in Numbers:
More resources to help you learn:
🗂 Join the weekly community office hours to get help
📺 Short how-to Workflows videos to help you become a better automation builder.
🍿 A collection of helpful Workflows tips.